Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Unhappy Halladay

I don't have time for a full recap of the games since I last posted, but last night's loss was a tough one. The offense and defense was shoddy, and Halladay's 132 pitch complete game was a waste behind an offense that couldn't score more than one run against the Pirates though they had their share of opportunities. Roy Halladay may be different from any other pitcher in the game today, but at some point he's still human. He says not to worry about the fact that he's pitched an insane amount so far this year, and for now I'll take him at his word. For more on that check out Matt Gelb's piece over in the Phillies Zone.

Let's hope the Phillies can bounce back and support Jamie Moyer tonight. I'll be off tonight and tomorrow watching the Nats take on the Mets here in DC, and though the Nats are in 2nd place and the Mets are in last, I can't possibly root for the Mets. I'm mostly hoping to catch some fun baseball and maybe a glimpse of recent Nats call-up Drew Storen. I'll try and get a full post about the last few games up before the Phillies take on the Red Sox this weekend in the start of 2010 interleague play. Until then, I'll leave you with the following picture of Roy Halladay after he threw his 132nd pitch last night. I hope the offense thinks long and hard about what it did and gives Halladay all the run support he needs from now on. Oh and Roy, take some bunting lessons before next time, will you?

(Photo courtesy of Ron Cortes/Philly.com staff photographer)

No comments:

Post a Comment